Here's the FOP FAQ.
Friends of Pets (FOP) is a no-kill, free-roaming, non-governmental rescue organization helping abandoned, adoptable cats. This means cats are not put down because of treatable illnesses or to create space to take in more. It also means cats are able to run around and play with other cats on special equipment in the facility. They are not caged unless being observed upon entry, treated for illness or readied for adoption. Unfortunately, some felines are euthanized based on problems relating to antisocial behaviors, life-threatening, non-treatable illnesses, and to end suffering (please see page on Euthanasia Policies).
FOP also subsidizes the cost of spays and neuters for cats in care of Klamath Basin residents. Currently FOP offers a coupon for $15.00 to most owners to spay or neuter (Mandated Policies in Effect) and all the work is completed at Klamath Animal Clinic. We also sponsor a once-monthly Free Spay/Neuter Day for ferals, semi-tames and backyard felines. These felines have both ears notched and must be released back to the same location. These extremely low costs are made possible by donations from community members and generous support by Klamath Animal Clinic for the service.
Do you know?
1. FOP has been in existence since 2001 and is registered as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with the Internal Revenue Service.
2. FOP has spayed or neutered over 13,000 cats since formation.
3. Although FOP strives to keep cats out of all shelters, including our own, nearly 5,000 felines have entered our rescue program. FOP tries to save every one, but acknowledges the death rate for abandoned felines is high due to stress, disease, and poor health upon entry.
4. FOP has humane traps to loan to you to capture a semi-tame feline to be altered and returned to the same site.
5. Appointments are not required. For more information about FOP or adoption policies, please visit other pages of our website or telephone 541-0850-0750 during hours we are open.
6. FOP welcomes donations of funds to help with the cost of spays and neuters, food, litter, and medical care.
Please send your kind donations to:
Friends of Pets
4809 Altamont Drive
Klamath Falls, OR 97603
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Adoption Center Hours: Monday through Friday - 9:00am to 3:30pm
Closed on Saturday and Sunday
Phone: 541-850-0750 ~ Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in Klamath Falls, Oregon
Copyright © 2001-2012